We are hiring! UX Research Intern
Title: UX Research Internship
Start Length: 4 - 6 months
Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario
We only hire students that are part of an internship program approved by a secondary school board, college, or university. It is legal with Ontario Employment Law.
Iconthin Biotech Corp. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Toronto focusing on the development of microalgae-based technologies and products. The foundation of Iconthin is built on the extensive research of microalgae using microfluidics at the University of Toronto. Iconthin has successfully launched its first microalgae product into the market branded as “AstaDaily” and is continuously developing a variety of algal-based products in skincare and healthcare industries.
Background & Purpose of the Job
We are looking for a creative, inquisitive, and passionate UX Research Intern to dive deep into the experiences, motivations, and behaviours of our customers and translate them into compelling research insights. You’ll have diverse opportunities to learn, lead, and contribute to meaningful work. Facilitating a human-centered design and product development process that advocates for users' needs and perspectives. Skill sets utilized and further developed during the Internship are presentation skills, team working, leadership, analytics, strategic thinking, and building insights into action to deliver business solutions.
What You’ll Do
• You’re a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
• You’re a change-maker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
• You’re a strategy guru: You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
• You’re a dot connector: You can learn to navigate a big organization!
• You’re a storyteller: You use data to drive actionable insights to illustrate problem-solving and land compelling messages. You craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad and diverse audience.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Currently pursuing Design/Human-Center Design/Business/Communications/Psychology/Marketing degree with a demonstrated interest in research and/or problem solving.
- Will be in your third or fourth year of University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work at our office 55 Saint George Street, Toronto, ON
- The ideal candidate will need to possess strong leadership competencies, and strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; proactivity and enthusiasm for work in a fast moving, dynamic environment; the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; ability to be creative; and the ability to understand complex business issues and demonstrate consumer empathy
- You have relevant work/project experience in a research setting, which might include integrating user research into content, product designs, and design practices.
- Share ideas and display creativity in digital environment would be a huge plus.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Synthesizing and summarizing findings using multiple data sources to inform product, UX, and engineering decisions
- Present your research insights in a concise and compelling way to cross-functional team members and internal stakeholders
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Careers with Purpose | Life at Startup | Conferences & Events Opportunity | Flexible working hours | Telecommuting options | We have more for you!
Ideally, we are looking for an individual that is motivated that wants to get hands-on experience with a startup and further develop their research skills. Must be knowledgeable on UX research as well as a problem solver. The internship is unpaid and full-time.
If you are interested in the internship position, please email over your portfolio if you have one, resume and a cover letter to email@example.com introducing yourself! Allowances may be provided.
Please include a cover letter with your application. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates with a cover letter and selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Internship