We are hiring! Digital Marketing Intern
Title: Digital Marketing Internship
Start Length: 4 - 6 months
Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario
We only hire students that are part of an internship program approved by a secondary school board, college, or university. It is legal with Ontario Employment Law.
Iconthin Biotech Corp. is a privately owned biotechnology company based in Toronto focusing on the development of microalgae-based technologies and products. The foundation of Iconthin is built on the extensive research of microalgae using microfluidics at the University of Toronto. Iconthin has successfully launched its first microalgae product into the market branded as “AstaDaily” and is continuously developing a variety of algal-based products in skincare and healthcare industries.
Background & Purpose of the Job
This internship is ideal for current digital marketing students looking for hands-on experience. You will act as a support for our core area of focus: video marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, digital promotions strategy, and social media marketing campaigns. Skill sets utilized and further developed during the Internship are presentation skills, team working, leadership, analytics, strategic thinking, and building insights into action to deliver business solutions.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
As a Digital Marketing intern you will have the opportunity to create solutions to real business challenges for our current and future products. You will expose to a wide array of brand marketing activities such as the development of new communication ideas, product development, market analysis, creation of sub-brands, consumer and competitor research, and advertising or creative executions.
• You’re a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
• You’re a change-maker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
• You’re a strategy guru: You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
• You’re a dot connector: You can learn to navigate a big organization!
• You’re a story teller: You use data to drive actionable insights to illustrate problem-solving and land compelling messages. You craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad and diverse audience.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Currently pursuing Marketing/Advertising/Commerce/Business/Communications degree with a demonstrated interest in marketing and/or general management.
- Will be in your third or fourth year of University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work at our office 55 Saint George Street, Toronto, ON
- The ideal candidate will need to possess strong leadership competencies, and strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; proactivity and enthusiasm for work in a fast moving, dynamic environment; the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; ability to be creative; and the ability to understand complex business issues and demonstrate consumer empathy
- You have some experience in digital marketing, video production and post production
- You have some knowledge with social media marketing
- Share ideas and display creativity in digital environment would be a huge plus.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Careers with Purpose | Life at Startup | Conferences & Events Opportunity | Flexible working hours | Telecommuting options | We have more for you!
Ideally, we are looking for an individual that is motivated that wants to get hands-on experience with a startup and further develop their marketing skills. Must be knowledgeable on Youtube and multiple digital platforms as well as the content creations. The internship is unpaid and full-time.
If you are interested in the internship position, please email over your portfolio if you have one, resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself! Allowances may be provided.
Please include a cover letter with your application. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates with a cover letter and selected for interviews will be contacted.